COVID-19 infection control training
The Australian Government has recently released a free 30-minute online training module, designed for health care workers in all settings. It covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19.
BTFA members can claim 5 CPE points for undertaking the training module, which can be done safely from home. We ask that you provide evidence that you have completed the training in order to claim CPE points.
We are looking into further online course opportunities that our members can do in order to fulfil their required 20 CPE points by 1st June.
About the COVID-19 training module
This training is for care workers across all health care settings, including:
- primary care
- aged care (both in residential aged care facilities or with visiting carers at home, including cleaners and cooks)
- disability (both in residential/shared care facilities or part-time carers in people’s homes, including cleaners and cooks)
- allied health
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- dental practices, including dentists, nurses, cleaners and receptionists
This training module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 including:
- COVID-19 – what is it?
- Signs and symptoms
- Keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- Myth busting
Users must register, but registration is open to anyone.