Tom Bowen Legacy Trust Fund
Established in 2003, the Tom Bowen Legacy Trust Fund (TBLTF) is overseen by the Bowen Therapists Federation of Australia (BTFA) and the Bowen Association of Australia (BAA).
Tom Bowen was dedicated to treating children with disabilities, and he set up a free clinic where once a month he would treat them for free.
The TBLTF was established to honour his legacy by helping disadvantaged children with the donation of electronic, communication and mobility aids to those in need.
This fund is supported wholly by donations from Bowen practitioners and members of the public. With volunteer administration, 100 percent of donations support the purchasing of equipment to improve the lives of disadvantaged children.
- To provide an ongoing source of funds for gifts that will improve the quality of life of children with disabilities.
- To promote public awareness of Tom Bowen's work in treating individuals with disabilities.
- To provide a model for similar organisations in other countries where Tom Bowen's work is practiced.
Criteria for selection
- The child is to be of school age, 16 years and under.
- The family’s requests for equipment have been rejected by the NDIS.
- The family agrees to allow a short film or photo and a story of the child to be presented at the association’s AGM and/or conference.
- The family may wish to agree to a photo to be placed on the TBLTF Facebook page or in the BTFA newsletter to help create awareness of the TBLTF.
Please contact our head office if you would like to make a donation via our online Contact Form.