Thank you to everyone who attended our 21st Bowen Conference in Hahndorf and helping us to make it such a fantastic event! We will be announcing the venue for the 2019 conference soon. Stay tuned.
21st Bowen Therapy Conference 2018
October 19-21 Hahndorf, Adelaide Hills
“EXPANDING KNOWLEDGE : SHAPING PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE”
Download the Conference Program 2018
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.***
The annual two day BTFA Bowen Therapy Conference provides a unique opportunity for all participants to see old friends, meet new ones and network together with other members of the Bowen community around Australia.
The conference showcases new developments in techniques, a review of case studies and research that has helped a range of conditions, and is a time for Bowen therapists to network with other professionals. We also support our member base by connecting them with other local practitioners, to foster ‘circles of excellence’ in geographic regions across Australia.
When: Friday October 19 – Sunday October 21, 2018
Venue: Adelaide Hills Convention Centre, 145A Mt Barker Rd, Hahndorf SA.
Tel. 1300 763 836
Evening Registration and welcome drinks: Friday October 19
Presentations (including AGM on Saturday afternoon): Saturday & Sunday October 20-21
Entertainment on Saturday evening – ‘The Buddies Four’ rock n’ roll band
Ivan Copley, JP / OAM – Welcome to Country
Deb Hart, Bowen Therapist / Oncology Massage
Duncan Kirk, Bowen Therapist Strength & Conditioning coach
Ariya Lodge, Bowen Therapist / Exercise Rehabilitation Specialist
Sue Parker, Equine Body Therapy
Graham Pennington, Bowen Therapist, Author An understanding of the Meridians reveals the heart of Bowen’s work
Chris Reed, President, Bowen Training Australia Introucing These Two Hands – the Tom Bowen documentary
Darren Roberts, Master Trainer, Impact Training Corp Inspire Your Clients To ‘Choose to Buy’ Rather Than Feeling They Are ‘Being Sold To’
Andrew Roesler, Musculoskeletal & Human Movement Specialist Know What you are Starting With – a Wholistic, Systematic Approach to Musculoskeletal Assessment
Sarah Trangmar, Bowen Therapist / Remedial Therapist / Oncology Massage Recognising, Treating and Assisting Clients with or at risk of Developing Lymphoedema
Please note, Richard Roope is no longer able to present at the 2018 conference.
- Registration includes Friday night drinks and finger food, Saturday & Sunday conference presentations, morning & afternoon tea, lunch, Saturday Gala Dinner and entertainment.
- Conference price does not include breakfast or accommodation. All prices are in Australian Dollars.
- A full Buffet Breakfast will be served between 7.30-8.30am in the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre boardroom on Saturday and Sunday, for those conference attendees who have booked and paid in advance for the $25 Buffet. If you have not yet made breakfast arrangements and wish to book the Buffet Breakfast, you can still do so by phoning the Hahndorf Resort on 1300 763 836 or (08) 8388 7921. *** Please note you must book and pay ahead before Friday 19th October – payment cannot be made on the day, as numbers must be known in advance for catering purposes.***
- The Conference Gala Dinner on Saturday night is fully inclusive and cannot be separated from the conference fee. There will be no discounts for those unable to attend the dinner.
- Full registration payment applies after 18th August and up to and including 5th October, after which no further registrations will be accepted.
The Adelaide Hills Convention Centre is an iconic venue located 20 minutes from Adelaide CBD in the Germanic town of Hahndorf. With unsurpassed 360 degree views of the stunning Mount Lofty Ranges, this state-of-the-art multifunctional venue has the class and capacity to host a great conference.
Getting to Hahndorf
Hahndorf is a prime tourist destination for visitors to South Australia. Located 28km south-east of Adelaide, it’s an easy 30-minute drive up the South Eastern Freeway by car, public transport, taxi or sight-seeing tour. Its proximity to Adelaide makes Hahndorf the perfect day trip or weekend getaway. Read more about this beautiful historic town online at www.hahndorfsa.org.au
There is on-site 4 star accommodation at the Hahndorf Resort (adjacent to and part of the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre) with a variety of accommodation types to suit your preference. Visit their online Photo Gallery to see images of the resort’s accommodation, conference spaces, food and experiences.
“Sitting atop 32 acres of manicured grounds, boasting uninterrupted views of the picturesque Adelaide Hills, The Hahndorf Resort offers a wide range of 4-star quality accommodation on a landscape that feels a world away, yet offers convenience at our fingertips.”
This accommodation offers various configuration of rooms at various prices. A selection of rooms are held for Bowen delegates (from 1 to 3 rooms / cottages and 2 limited mobility units).
Big 4 Holiday Park
The Hahndorf Resort also has a Big 4 Holiday Park for caravans and camping.
Please contact Hahndorf Resort Reception for further information and bookings on Ph (08) 8388 7921. Please quote you are booking for the “Bowen Conference”
Further accommodation options
Hahndorf is a popular destination for visitors to SA, so if the Hahndorf Resort accommodation is fully booked or if you prefer to stay elsewhere, there is a wide variety of accommodation close by. Please visit the websites listed below for further accommodation options.
1) A full Buffet Breakfast will be served between 7.30-8.30am in the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre boardroom on Saturday and Sunday, for those conference attendees who have booked and paid in advance for the $25 Buffet Breakfast. If you have not yet made breakfast arrangements and wish to book the Buffet Breakfast, you can still do so by phoning the Hahndorf Resort on 1300 763 836 or (08) 8388 7921. *** Please note you must book and pay ahead before Friday 19th October – payment cannot be made on the day, as numbers must be known in advance for catering purposes.***
2) There is also a greengrocer/ general store is conveniently located across the road from the Resort – the Hahndorf Fruit & Veg Market at 182 Mt Barker Rd, open Monday-Saturday (but unfortunately closed on Sundays). They stock fresh fruit, pastries, meats and cheeses.
3) For those in self-catered accommodation, you are of course welcome to make your own breakfast arrangements by bringing in your own supplies.
What is there to do in Hahndorf and surrounds?
If you’ve never been to the beautiful Adelaide Hills region, some great experiences await you. Choose from fantastic wineries and distilleries, a cheese making masterclass, touring the world famous Jurlique farm, picking your own strawberries at the Beerenberg family farm (seasonal), or visiting one of Hahndorf’s historic German ale houses, art galleries, shops or fabulous cafes – the region is overflowing with delights for the visitor. Or if you wish you can explore further afield and visit the open-range Monarto Zoo and see the amazing new lion enclosure.
By car: Hahndorf is located 28km away from Adelaide’s CBD – a 20 minute drive up the South Eastern freeway. From Adelaide, make your way to the Freeway and follow the signs to Hahndorf. Car hire is available from the Adelaide CBD or the airport through Budget, Hertz, Thrifty or Avis.
By bus: A daily bus service travels from Adelaide to Hahndorf at regular times. The Adelaide Metro 864 bus route begins at Currie Street in the Adelaide CBD and makes stops along Glen Osmond Road for travellers boarding outside of the CBD. Adelaide Metro bus tickets can be purchased at participating major city and suburban newsagents, or purchase a ticket from the bus driver on board – but make sure you have the correct small change. Tickets are discounted at certain times of the day and concession prices are also available. For more information call 1300 311 1087 or visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au
Buses from Adelaide to Hahndorf: from Pulteney St (Stop P1, S1, U1, W2), Grenfell St (U1), Currie St (W2), North Tce (X1), West Terrace (B2).
By taxi: A taxi from Adelaide CBD to Hahndorf will cost approximately AU$70 one way. City-based taxis will take you up the hill or you can book the local taxi service – Mount Barker Taxis on (08) 8391 1888. It is advisable to book ahead for evening travel.
Bus tours: Mum & Dad Tours are run by friendly residents of Hahndorf who won’t rush you through your experience, with most day trips lasting the entire day. Ph 0497 660 523.
Sightseeing tours: A number of tourism providers offer guided sightseeing tours, which can be a really enjoyable, stress-free way to discover everything there is to know about Hahndorf. Visit www.adelaidesightseeing.com.au/tours/adelaide-hills-and-hahndorf-tour or call 1300 769 762.
2018 conference organisers can be contacted via email:
Di Hunter email@example.com
Barbara Beacham firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Hartley email@example.com