- Aged in his late 60s
- Retired cabinet maker
- Shoulder pain for the last 20 years due to the use of power-tools within the work environment
- Sleep discomfort, requiring pillows to prop up the patient’s shoulder at night, to ease the pain
- Additional issues of the last 5 years with tingling, cold fingers, numbness and pain in his hands and wrist, diagnosed as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wears gloves and wrist supports, but finds this impacts on small tasks and driving
- Basic Bowen Therapy techniques were implement at the first session, along with simple exercises.
- An additional five sessions were needed to complete the treatment, followed by exercised done by the patient.
- Improvement noticed after the first treatment, and following each consecutive treatment
- Symptoms and pain reduced by 80%
- The patient felt confident of continuing exercises on his own at home, to continue to facilitate pain reduction, and increase mobility